Peet's French Roast Whole Bean Coffee, 12 oz
The signature taste and rich coffee character of French Roast comes from a longer, hotter roast, which not all beans can handle. For our darkest roast, we select only top-quality Arabica coffee from the highest altitudes of prime Latin American growing regions. Beans mature slowly at these altitudes, becoming denser, harder and packed with flavor — perfect for retaining boldness and complexity under the intense heat of a deep roast. Peet's French Roast is not a coffee for the cautious, but for those who embrace the powerful taste, pronounced smoky overtones, and pleasant bite. This dark, deeply flavorful blend pairs well with cream and sugar, and inspires reactions like this one from John "Nic" Nicolini, a Peet's roaster for over 20 years: “On a normal day, I cup 50 coffees before 7 a.m. But I always come back to French. You inhale that smoky aroma, and then a subtle sweetness pops out that awakens your taste buds. It’s visceral."
- FRENCH ROAST: The rich coffee character of French Roast comes from a longer, hotter roast, which not all beans can handle and only Peet’s has perfected.
- FLAVOR & ROAST: Coffee-forward, wood smoke, and burnt caramel. Dark roast.
- PEET'S COMMITMENT: To achieve our signature rich flavor, we source the world’s best coffee beans, hand-roast them in small batches, and uphold the strictest standard of freshness.
- THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION: Alfred Peet was renowned for achieving perfection through his blends, bringing together coffees so exceptional, each could stand on its own. For unparalleled complexity & nuance, look no further than our signature blends.
- OBSESSED WITH FRESH: Do you know when your coffee was roasted? We do. Freshly roasted coffee means a more flavorful cup. We print the roast date on each and every bag so you know you are enjoying the freshest coffee possible.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: 100% Arabica Coffee, Certified Kosher.